Welcome to the ultimate guide to transforming your hands from dry and cracked to silky smooth with our fantastic Do It Yourself (DIY) hand mask and scrub recipes that will do wonders on your skin! If constant hand washing or sanitizer use has left your skin parched and in need of moisture and care. So, let’s explore them together.
What are DIY Hand Masks?
Our hand masks and scrubs are not only effective but also use ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
DIY recipes and remedies that are made up of homemade ingredients and are the most effective and quickest way to moisturise dry cracked hands.
What Causes Our Hands to Dry?
Common causes such as cold dry air, environmental factors, lower humidity, over washing, chemical exposure can make your hands dry.
Dry hands are painful and lead to several skin conditions like eczema, winter itch, or cold urticaria leading us to focus on hand care routines. Studies have also shown that a diet lacking in fruits, proteins, vegetables, and water can be the biggest factor in making your skin dry.
Why a DIY Hand Mask?
The benefits of a hand mask are numerous.
It's suitable for all skin types and tones, ensuring inclusivity in skincare routines. Additionally, it's 100% safe on the skin, providing reassurance for users. The mask delivers a deep moisturising treatment, restoring the skin to its original beauty. It effectively nourishes and moisturises the skin, offering a rejuvenating experience. Furthermore, it provides deep hydration, leaving the hands feeling soft and supple. Notably, hand masks are easy to make at home, making skincare accessible to all. Moreover, they are affordable, fitting into various budgets. There's also a wide variety of options available, catering especially to individuals who are vegan.
Top DIY Hand Mask and Scrub
Lemon and Sugar Hand Scrub
Harness the power of lemon and sugar to lighten dark spots and rejuvenate tired hands.
Everyone knows that lemon is a great source of vitamin C and is widely used in many skin care products. Sugar is a natural exfoliator and is great for removing dirt, impurities, and dead skin cells from the skin. The combination of both ingredients has so many benefits. It helps lighten the dark spots, discoloration, and hyperpigmentation that occur from sun exposure.How to Make a Lemon and Sugar Scrub?
- Required ingredients: 85g of sugar, 32g of coconut oil or either you can take olive oil, 1 lemon or lemon juice.
- Add sugar to a container and slowly add oil to it. Then, add the lemon juice and mix well until the consistency of the sugar is damp. Apply the mixture on your hands and rub it for 1 to 2 minutes. Wash your hands and apply hand lotion.
Sugar and Coconut Oil Scrub
Say goodbye to dryness with this simple yet effective scrub that boosts skin health.
For this hand mask recipe you need to add sugar into a coconut oil which has a lot of benefits like it boosts the skin's health because it has antioxidant skin.How to Make Sugar and Coconut Oil Scrub?
- Required ingredients: 85g of sugar, 32g of coconut oil or either you can take olive oil
- Add the sugar to the container and start adding the oil. Mix until you get a damp consistency and then rub it on your hands for 2 to 3 minutes. Wash your hands and then apply hand lotion.
Almond and Honey Scrub
Indulge your hands with the nourishing benefits of almonds and the soothing properties of honey.
Almonds have a lot of fibres and proteins, and it also contains magnesium and vitamin E which is very beneficial for the skin. On the other hand, honey is an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial agent that is great for treating burns and wounds.How to Make an Almond and Honey Scrub?
- Required ingredients: 1/4 cup almond meal, 4 tablespoons of honey
- Add the almond meal to a bowl and mix the honey into it. Stir the mixture well and rub it on your hands for 2 to 3 minutes. Wash your hands and apply the lotion.
Avocado and Beeswax Hand Mask
Experience the protective properties of beeswax combined with the deep moisturization of avocado oil.
Beeswax is very beneficial because it has Anti-inflammatory, Anti-bacterial, and Anti-viral properties that will give your hands a protective barrier.It contains also vitamin A and acts as a humectant that keeps the hands soft and smooth. On the other side, Avocado oil is high in oleic oil which deeply fights fine lines and wrinkles.
How to Make an Avocado and Beeswax Hand Mask?
- Required ingredients: 1 teaspoon of beeswax, 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- Cut small cubes of beeswax and melt them under heat. Add avocado oil into a melted beeswax and let it cool a little and then rub the mixture on your hands. Cover the hands with gloves for 20 minutes and then wash them. Don’t forget to apply hand lotion.
Milk and Honey Hand Mask
Reap the rewards of milk's moisturising prowess combined with honey's healing touch.
Milk is a very popular ingredient for the skin that many beauty industries use in their product because it moisturises the skin and can be used as a toner. It cures sun damage and exfoliates the skin. Combining both ingredients can do miracles on your skin.How to Make a Milk and Honey Hand Mask?
- Required ingredients: 1/4 cup almond meal, 4 tablespoons of honey
- Mix the milk with honey and apply the mixture on your hands for 5 minutes and remove it by rubbing it. Wash your hands with warm water and hand lotion after that.
Extra Tips and Hacks
Nature's gifts for soft, supple hands with two ingredients that make wonders and work amazing on the hands.
Shea butter is a very popular ingredient because of the significant amount of vitamins A and E which are keeping the skin healthy. It prevents skin dryness, eases irritation, improves eczema, gives sun protection and moisturises deeply into the skin.
You can apply shea butter directly to your skin in its raw foam. Simply take a teaspoon of shea butter and rub it on your hands with your fingers until completely absorbed into your skin. Washing your hands after applying isn’t required since your skin will absorb it fast.
Castor oil is another very famous ingredient used in combination with other ingredients because of its numerous benefits. It keeps your skin moisturised and hydrated for a very long time. Moreover, it protects the skin from the sun UV rays, promotes even skin tone, and can be used as a cleanser. Castor is great for the cuticles. You can apply castor oil directly to your hands with a cotton ball.
Additional Tips for Preventing Dry Hands
- Wear gloves in cold weather
- Apply a good quality moisturiser or a hand lotion several times a day.
- Exfoliate your hands weekly
- Stay hydrated
- Use sunscreen
Unveil Silky Smooth Hands Today
Say goodbye to dry, cracked hands and hello to silky smooth perfection with our DIY hand masks and scrubs. Remember, consistency is key! Treat your hands to these rejuvenating skincare at least once a week for optimal results.
Another precious tip, don't forget to pamper your skin with MaGéAu Naturel skincare, your go-to solution for hydrated, moisturised hands without any harmful chemicals. Order now and save 10% with the code MAGEAU10! Your hands deserve the best, so why wait?